Monday, July 23, 2012

Mi Parte Favorita

"I still love you"
"Don't say that"
"I don't know if I'll ever get you out of my system, not completely. I have.. this feeling. That you'll always be there. Here"
"Let go of me"
"Wait"
"Let go"
"Wait.. wait. Hear me out, just for a minute. Please. I'm begging you"
"...."
"Two years ago, I fucked up. But not in the way you think. That night.. Do you remember that night? The night we were driving back from school and it was raining so hard, we had to stop at that motel. Do you remember?"
"Mmhm"
"That night, I didn't sleep at all. I stayed up, thinking about what to do. What was the right thing to do? Because I knew I loved you. But I knew I shouldn't. I didn't have the right to love anybody then. After my mom died, I was so pissed off. I had this anger in me all the time. I felt like I was going to erupt any minute. I didn't have it in me to love you the way you deserved. If I kept you with me, I was going to hurt you somehow. I knew it. So I let you go"
"...."
"But this summer... God this summer. Being near you again, talking the way we used to talk. You looking at me the way you used to. Just tell me. Do you still feel anything for me?"
"No! Don't you get it? You and I.... were never anything"

No comments:

Post a Comment