Sunday, August 12, 2012

Recuerdos Inolvidables

Growing old just brings sorrow. But you have no choice. You're gonna make it someday. Lift up your eyes and see the sun is rising. Be amazing.
    2001, every evening I would go to Ibu', my Indonesian aunt's house which only took a few minutes. I would talk to her, help her in the kitchen. There was a swing tied to a tree in front of her house so we would play there sometimes. It was relaxing because the house was just a few meters away from the beach. She would tell me stories. How she missed her daughter, how things were back then. But I'm sure she's okay right now because she finally met her daughter.
     Siblings. Siblings. Hm. I have two unidentical twin brothers. 22 years old. We were perfect back then. They treated me like a princess. We played together, we watched tv together. But then, when I was 5, just in a click, everything's gone. Until now, we don't talk unless it's important. We would laugh at the same thing but no, no talking. You don't want to be me. Trust me. And I don't know why. Why? No. Echo-ing in heart.
     I was sitting outside of the house, talking to the moon. Not really. It was winter. I was playing with the smoke that came out from my mouth. Then this old man came to me and was like "You want some cake?(holding a plate full of cake)". I said no. It looks delicious but nahh he's a stranger duh. He was too drunk that he told me how he used to be happy with his wife, his kids. I don't even know what was the reason because he went silent for a while and started talking in a different language and pointing at the cars, locus and the pool. He sounded luctisonus but he didn't stop smiling I swear. He made my gloomy night tho. I hope he's happy right now.
     But sometimes, I feel like running away you know? Like.. just run.. and not turning back. I want to forget everyone, everything. Like last July, I rode the jet ski and didn't realized that I was drifting around too far. That feeling, when you just flew away, you don't care about anything, was just amazing. The only thing I could see was the red flag that the man at the beach waved at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment